In your groups, answer (5) of the following questions. Be sure to be thorough and specific in your answers. Be sure to use correct terminology. Each answer should be a short paragraph.
- What is the difference between a live and a dead vaccine?
- What types of pathogens do vaccines work against?
- Why are vaccines injected into the body in the places they are? Are all vaccines injected?
- Why don’t vaccines last forever? Why do we need to get booster shots for some vaccines?
- What is “herd immunity”?
- Why can some people not get immunized? (We are NOT talking about people who choose not to get vaccinated, but those who can’t for medical reasons)
- Which diseases have been fully or nearly eliminated by vaccination in the last 100 years or so?
- How do babies acquire some of their mother's immunity?
- Why is there a different flu vaccine every year? Do we have to get the new vaccine to be protected?
- Is there any evidence to the claims from celebrities like Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey that vaccines cause autism, multiple sclerosis, or other disease? (Be careful to use credible sources only if you choose to answer this question)